Asian Rice Noodle Salad
- 1 8-oz. box Asian brown rice (whole-grain) noodles
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped salted, dry-roasted peanuts or cashews
- 2 1/2 cups coleslaw mix
- Red pepper flakes, optional
1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and transfer to a large bowl to cool. Cut noodles up a bit with kitchen shears or a knife to make them easier to toss.
2. Whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, lime juice, honey, sesame oil, ginger, and garlic in a small bowl.
3. Add sauce, cilantro, peanuts, and coleslaw mix to bowl with noodles and toss until well combined. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes to taste, if desired. Serve at room temperature or refrigerate for later.
- Active: 15 minutes
- Total: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 as a side dish
|Calories per serving:||277|
|Fat per serving:||11g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0mg|
|Fiber per serving:||5g|
|Protein per serving:||8g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||38g|
|Sodium per serving:||470mg|
|Iron per serving:||0mg|
|Calcium per serving:||22mg|
Good to Know
Bonus meal: If you have leftover coleslaw mix, sauté it with a little garlic and ginger, and add a protein for a faster-than-takeout mu shu.