Celeriac Pasta With Baby Broccoli
- 2 pounds celeriac, peeled
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 2 ounces ricotta salata or Parmesan, grated (1/2 tightly packed cup)
1. Spiralize celeriac using shredder blade. Take handfuls of spiralized celeriac and cut into manageable lengths with scissors.
2. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Salt generously; add baby broccolini. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Using a fine-mesh sieve or slotted spoon, transfer to a bowl of cold water. Drain. Chop finely. (Do not drain cooking water.)
3. Heat oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat; add garlic and red pepper flakes. Sauté until garlic is fragrant, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add broccoli; toss together for 1 minute. Season with salt, remove from heat and keep warm.
4. Bring water back to a boil and add spiralized celeriac. Cook celeriac for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Drain and toss with baby broccoli and cheese.
- Active: 15 minutes
- Total: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4
|Calories per serving:||294|
|Fat per serving:||15g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||12mg|
|Fiber per serving:||6g|
|Protein per serving:||12g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||31g|
|Sodium per serving:||662mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Calcium per serving:||302mg|
Good to Know
Warm up: In summer, try this dish with zucchini noodles instead of celeriac (start with 2 1/2 pounds of zucchini).