Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Few people know that you can use zucchini in sweet recipes as well as in savory dishes. Not only they bring a lot of nutritional value but also bring moisture and a great texture if used in loaf cakes, muffins, layer cakes and so on. You can not feel at all the zucchini and is a great way of hiding this vegetable in kids treats.
This Chocolate Zucchini Bread is simply delicious. The recipe is very easy, you don’t even need a hand mixer to prepare this. Goes really fast and the result is beyond expectations. Moist, rich, chocolaty and the chocolate chunks inside are melted and create an amazing texture.
- Makes one loaf
- 2 cups (300g) zucchini, peeled, grated
- 1 1/4 cup (160g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (60g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp (6g) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2g) salt
- 1/2 tsp (1g) instant coffee
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) oil
- 1/4 cup (60g) yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 3.5 oz (100g) dark chocolate (55%-70%), chopped
- 1.5 oz (40g) dark chocolate (55%-70%), chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Grease and line a 9×5 inch (23x13cm) loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Place the grated zucchini in a sieve to remove excess moisture until you prepare the rest of ingredients.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, instant coffee and salt. Set aside until ready to use.
- In another bowl whisk eggs with sugar until well combined. Stir in vanilla extract, yogurt and oil. Add flour mixture and stir until well combined. Add grated zucchini and chocolate.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and top with the rest of chocolate.
- Bake for about 45-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let sit for 5 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Nutrition facts 1 Loaf (753g) – Calories: 2,805, Fat:114.4g, Saturated Fat:43.7g, Unsaturated Fat: 0.2g, Carbohydrates:403.8g, Sugar:180.0g, Fiber:25.9g, Protein:59.7g, Cholesterol:364mg, Calories from Fat 1029, Sodium 2714mg, Potassium 1719mg, Vitamin A 14%, Vitamin C 1%, Calcium 52%, Iron 125%, Nutrition Grade C-, daily percent values are based on a 2000 calorie diet