Coconut Curry You Can Eat All Week
A yummy coconut curry if you don’t have curry paste. This recipe makes a big batch. Leftover curry is the best! Serve with rice or quinoa!
Recipe: Coconut Curry
From Stephanie Lundstrom at Plant Based on a Budget
- Yield: A LOT
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 25m
- Ready In: 45m
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 7 cloves of garlic, mined
- 1 Tablespoon of ginger, grated
- 2 1/4 teaspoons curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans of coconut milk
- 1 cup of veggie broth
- 2 small potatoes, cut into bite sizes
- 1/2 block of extra firm tofu, cut into bite sized cubes
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 handful of snow peas
1. Heat oil in a large pot, then add in onion. Cook about 4 minutes. Then add in garlic, ginger and all spices.
2. When it becomes fragrant, add in coconut milk, broth, potatoes and tofu
3. When potatoes begin to soften, add in carrots and cauliflower
4. When all veggies are soft enough, mix in broccoli and snow peas. Turn off heat. Let sit a few minutes with the lid on. Then serve with rice or quinoa.
5. CHOW DOWN!