Thanksgiving Day is fast approaching, only a few weeks at a time to be thankful and to meet with the most expensive ones.
These comforting soft rollers should not miss your Thanksgiving table. Slightly warm, soft and fluffy, just like dinner rolls should be.
The recipe is simple, and I can hardly suggest making 2 servings, as they are just too good. In order to have them warm and fresh dining table, you can make the dough rolls in advance, stored in the refrigerator or freeze the dough and bake them only after the guests have arrived. If frozen rolls to take out of the freezer the day before baking, refrigerate to thaw overnight and continue the upward process whenever you need them.
Prep time 20 minutes + Rise Time
cooking time 20 minutes
The total time of 40 minutes + Rise Time
- Makes 15 rolls
- 3 1/4 cups (400g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons (30 grams) sugar
- 1 teaspoon (5 grams) of salt
- 1 cup 240ml) milk, lukewarm
- 20 g of fresh yeast (1 tablespoon active dry yeast)
- 3 tablespoons (45g) butter, softened
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon (15g) butter, melted
- Prepare the dough. Add 1 tablespoon (15g) sugar over fresh yeast and stir until it liquefies. Add 1/4 cup (60 ml) of milk. Stir until dissolved.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, 1 tablespoon (15g) sugar and salt. Add yeast dissolved residue 3/4 cup (180 ml) of milk, beaten egg and butter. Stir to mix and knead until the dough is soft, slightly sticky, but sufficiently elastic and breaks away from the sides of the bowl. Transfer to a greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise at room temperature for 90 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Sprinkle with flour work surface, place the dough and cut into 15 pieces. Form into rolls and place on a parchment paper-lined (9×13 inches – 23x33cm) pan with the distance between them, to allow them to grow. Cover with greased plastic wrap and let it rise for another hour at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C). Bake the muffins for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove rolls from oven and brush with melted butter. Serve rolls warm.
Nutrients 1 roll (54g) – Calories: 149, Fat: 4.1 g saturated fat: 2.3G, Carbohydrates: 23.6g, Sugar: 2.4G, Fiber: 1.0g, Protein: 4.3g, Cholesterol: 22mg , 37 calories from fat, 190mg sodium, 70mg potassium, 2% vitamin a, vitamin with 0%, 3% calcium, iron 9% power Grade B +, daily values based on a 2,000 percent cal