Heroic Cat Nabs Award for Saving Family From Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
PETA Celebrates Mr. Boo for Waking Up Family Just Minutes Away From Probable Death
For Immediate Release:
May 22, 2018
Megan Wiltsie 202-483-7382
Cincinnati – A Heroic Cat Award is on its way from PETA to the Kecskes family for their 7-year-old cat, Mr. Boo, who saved the entire family from carbon monoxide poisoning on May 15.
Just after 7 a.m., the normally quiet cat began wailing as he stumbled down the hallway, directing his family members toward the front door. The Kecskeses saw Mr. Boo pass out and pick himself back up again—and when daughter Ariana also passed out, the family realized that they were in danger. Her father and brother carried her outside while the family’s other cat, Gary, tried to wake up Mr. Boo, and Ariana’s mother ensured that both cats made it outside. Firefighters told the family that they were minutes away from dying when Mr. Boo intervened. “It’s like he’s been waiting his whole life to do this one heroic thing,” says Ariana.
“Mr. Boo knew that something was wrong, and he didn’t rest until he’d alerted his entire family to the danger they were in,” says PETA Vice President Colleen O’Brien. “PETA is recognizing this heroic cat for saving his family and demonstrating just how rewarding adopting an animal can be.”
For more information, please visit PETA.org.