Homemade Twix Bars
I am pleased to share with you another great recipe for homemade Twix.
It’s easy to prepare, as well as other chocolate candies Bars recipe I shared a few years ago, but it Eggless version made with condensed milk with sugar.
This is the first time trying to make candy without caramelizing sugar first, and I was surprised by the excellent results I got this way. Caramel turned chewy and sticky, but still soft, just as you need for this recipe.
You can hardly beat the sweets, they are rich, buttery and chocolate, thick buttery crust topped with a chewy caramel and a thick layer of chocolate on top. It’s amazing and very addictive.
- Makes about 18 bars
- 1/2 cup (113g) butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons (30 grams) sugar
- 1 1/4 cups (160g) all-purpose flour
- A pinch of salt
- 1 can (14oz -397g) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons (45g) butter
- 1/4 cup (50 g), brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon (3g) salt
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) vanilla extract
- Chocolate Topping
- 7 oz (200 g) dark or milk chocolate
- 2 tablespoons (28g) butter
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- Lightly grease a 8×8 inch (20x20cm) square pan and line with parchment paper, so that some of the edge overhang, to make it easy to pick it up as soon as it is installed.
- Prepare the crust. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and salt until light and fluffy.
- Sift the flour and do not include butter mixture until crumbly, and the mixture holds together when compressed.
- Click on the bottom of the pan, using the back of a spoon, and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Make caramel. Put all ingredients in a saucepan and place over low-medium heat, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil and continue to cook for 5 minutes more stirring constantly. , Fill crust and bake for 12 -15 minutes at 350F (180C) .Let it’s a little cool.
- Melt the chocolate and butter on a water bath. Spread the melted chocolate over the caramel.
- Cool for approximately 30 minutes or until the chocolate is set.
Nutrients 1 bar (56g) – Calories: 248, Fat: 13.6 g, saturated fat: 8.8g, Carbohydrate: 28.5g, Sugar: 21.0 g Fiber: 0.6G, protein: 3.6G, Cholesterol: 32 mg calories from fat 122, 170 mg sodium, 138 mg potassium, 7% vitamin a, vitamin with 1%, 9% calcium, 4% iron, power rating is D-, percent daily values based on a 2,000 calorie diet