How To Make Ice Cream In 10 Minutes Or Less Without Any Special Appliances
A lot of people think that making ice cream is a big messy hassle. Well, those people are making a big deal out of nothing.
With this quick and easy recipe, there is no reason to ever buy it again!
What You Need:
- 1 large plastic zip top bag
- 1 small plastic zip top bag
- salt – any kind will work but larger rock salt works best
- heavy cream or half and half
- something sweet
- add-ins (vanilla, chocolate, nuts, etc)
What You Do:
- Fill the gallon size bag about half full with ice.
- Add about a half a cup of salt to this bag.
- Pour the heavy cream into the smaller bag – the amount you put in depends on how much ice cream you want. The more you put in, the more ice cream you’ll get. (Heavy cream makes a thicker richer ice cream, but half and half is still delicious!)
- Add your something sweet. Sugar, honey, maple syrup, ripe bananas – different types of sweet give the ice cream different hints of flavor. Use your best judgement when adding this ingredient. You can always add more, but you can’t take away. Start off with a small amount. Slowly add more until you get it to your desired sweetness.
- If you’re adding vanilla extract, put that in now.
- Seal the bag tight and put it inside the larger bag with all of the ice and salt.
- Now start shaking the bag. Do this until the ice cream gets to your desired consistency (usually about 5 mintes).
- When you think you’re done, take the small bag out and rinse it off. Open it up and test it to see if it’s as thick as you like. If not, put it back in and shake it up a little bit longer.
- When your ice cream is done, add your favorite mix-ins and it’s ready to go.
- Eat it in a bowl, or straight out of the bag.
Why It’s Better:
- you can make a single portion or a large batch – have as little or as much as you want
- it’s all natural – there aren’t any preservatives and you get to choose the type of dairy and sugar that goes in it
- it’s fresh – food tastes better when it wasn’t made several months ago
- it’s fast – you can make your first batch in less time than takes you to run to the corner store for your favorite pint of Ben & Jerry’s
Homemade ice cream is simple, fast, and oh so delicious! The flavor options are endless and it can be made to order.
Do yourself a favor and throw away the freezer burnt box in the bottom of your freezer. Fresh, homemade ice cream is just a few minutes away.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Missy_Cooke