Peanut butter protein cheesecake recipe
This gooey, creamy cheesecake contains more protein than a standard whey shake. Give it a go today!
- ½ cup almond meal or ground almonds
- 2 tbsp peanut butter or alternative nut butter
- 1 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
Heat oven to 1600C. Combine almond meal, peanut butter and almond milk and stir with a wooden spoon or spatula until it resembles a crumbly yet sticky crust. If it’s too dry, add a dash of almond milk (or other milk) until it sticks together like a crumbly paste. Press into a springform pan (this one was 18 cm).
- 1 cup low-fat Greek yoghurt
- 1 cup low-fat cream cheese
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup vanilla whey protein powder (or chocolate if you’re a diehard fan)
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 egg white
- 1 whole egg
- Baking Stevia (optional, to desired sweetness)
Combine all filling ingredients and blend thoroughly.
Pour mixture over crust and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until it’s still slightly wobbly in the centre, but not liquid.
Cool for at least four hours (overnight is ideal) before smearing on peanut butter and drizzling melted with chocolate. Refrigerate.
- 25 g dark chocolate squares, melted (for drizzling)
Once chilled, melt chocolate and drizzle over cheesecake before cutting and serving.
The numbers (⅙ of cake including crust) = Protein: 24 g