Pumpkin Dutch Baby with Pears
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white whole-wheat flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 Bosc pears, peeled and thinly sliced (about 4 1/2 cups)
- 2/3 cup cup roughly chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1. Place a 10-inch cast-iron skillet in oven; preheat to 450°F. (Do not remove skillet while oven heats.) Blend milk, flours, eggs, pumpkin, vanilla, and 2 tablespoons of the coconut sugar in a blender until smooth.
2. Remove skillet from oven. Place 2 tablespoons of the butter in skillet; swirl skillet until butter melts. Add batter. Bake until pancake is just set and top is dry, 12 to 14 minutes.
3. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a separate skillet over high heat. Add pears and walnuts; cook, stirring occasionally, until pears are caramelized, about 2 minutes. Add pumpkin pie spice, orange zest, orange juice, salt, and remaining 2 tablespoons coconut sugar. Cook, stirring constantly, until pears are coated. Top Dutch baby with pear mixture.