- Makes about 16 servings
- 10 oz (300g) digestive biscuits or graham crackers
- 1/2 cup (113g) butter, melted
- 1/2 cup (150g) Nutella
- 9 oz (250g) semi sweet chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup (180g) whipping cream
- 2 large egg whites (80g), at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1/8 tsp (1g) cream of tartar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- Prepare the crust. Place the biscuits/graham crackers into the bowl of a food processor. Blend until crumbs form. Add melted butter and process until completely combined.
- Press the mixture with the back of the spoon and your fingers where necessary, into the bottom and edges of a rectangular 5×14 inch (12 x 36 cm) tart pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Prepare the filling. Place the cream into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat, add chocolate and Nutella and let sit 1 minute. Stir until smooth, chocolate completely melted and nutella is well combined.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the crust and spread evenly.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours to set.
- Prepare the meringue. Place the whites, sugar, cream of tartar and salt in a heat proof bowl. Place over a pan with simmering water (bain-marie).
- Whisk constantly, for about 5 minutes, until it reaches 160F (71C).
- Remove from heat and transfer to another bowl.
- Start mixing on high speed for about 5-7 minutes, until glossy stiff peaks form. Incorporate vanilla extract while mixing.
- Spread meringue over tart. Use a spoon to create some meringue picks. Toast the meringue with a brulee torch if desired.
- Cut and serve. Keep the leftover tart refrigerated.
Nutrition facts 1 Serving ( 66g) – Calories:308, Fat:19.0g, Saturated Fat:11.1g, Unsaturated Fat:0.0g, Carbohydrates:33.2g, Sugar:24.9g, Fiber:1.6g, Protein:2.2g, Cholesterol:26mg, Calories from Fat 171, Sodium 149mg, Potassium 69mg, Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 3%, Iron 5%, Nutrition Grade F, daily percent values are based on a 2000 calorie diet