This Black Bean Tex Mex Soup is so fantastic and such an easy recipe too. I love this flavoursome soup! The beans absolutely fill you up and if you add a simple green salad to the mix, you’ve got yourself a deal of a meal! Or, serving small portions makes it marvellous as a starter too.
Are you following a low fat diet? Well then, this easy appetizer recipe would be a great solution.
What you’ll need:
– 2 14-ounce cans vegetable broth or fat-free chicken
– 1 cup chopped onions
– 3 15-ounce cans fat-free black beans, drained
– 1 teaspoon Tobasco sauce or favorite hot sauce
– 1 tablespoon and 2 teaspoons of cumin
– 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
– 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
– 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
– 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (fresh is preferred, but bottled works well)
– salt and ground black pepper (to taste)
Being that this recipe is one of the easiest, all you need to do is bring 1 cup of the broth to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook in the broth for about 6 minutes.
Next, add the beans, the remaining broth, cumin, hot sauce, and cayenne pepper. Put the mixture on simmer and let it bubble gently for about 5 minutes. Then, transfer it to a food processor.
Use your food processor or mixer to blend the mixture for approximately 30 seconds and then add the sour cream and pulse until it is mixed in.
Next add a little seasoning of salt and pepper (to taste). Add cilantro and the lime juice, and stir it well. Serve it up hot with a mini taste of the salsa. And there you have it! How simple is that?
Best served with Baked Tortilla Chips, Corn Tortilla Chips, or Flour Tortilla Chips. All can be homemade if you are in the mood and they taste delectable!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/300199