1. Fry the chicken-style strips in a teaspoon of oil until brown and crispy.
2. Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions.
3. Place all the satay sauce ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk until you reach a smooth, but runny sauce consistency. Add more water if needed. Pour into a ramekin or sauce jar. Top with chopped coriander
4. Mix the stir-fry sauce ingredients together. Heat a bit of oil in a wok and add the stir-fry vegetables. Fry over a high heat for 5 minutes. Add the stir-fry sauce and fry the vegetables until tender, but not too limp. Season to taste. Remove from the heat and add a squeeze of the last ¼ lemon.
5. Dish up your meal: Place one portion of noodles in a bowl, top with the vegetables and a bit of the stir-fry sauce. Tower the chicken-style strips on top of the stir-fry vegetables and garnish with coriander.
6. Serve with the peanut satay sauce on the side.
This is an extract from The South African Vegan Cookbook by Leozette Roode, published by Human and Rousseau and retailing for R315.