Health Tip: Eat More Mediterranean Foods
Latest Diet & Weight Management News
(HealthDay News) — Following a Mediterranean diet offers plenty of health benefits, but as a bonus, such foods can be kid-friendly.
Here’s how to include Mediterranean-style foods in your meals:
- Focus on fruit, veggies and whole grains. Instead of building a meal around meat, opt for pasta and veggies, a veggie-based soup, or brown rice with stir-fried veggies.
- Eat more beans and lentils, which are packed with protein, fiber and nutrients. Add chickpeas to salads, mix rice with peas, or add mashed pinto beans to quesadillas.
- Include more seafood in your meals. Try grilled shrimp with pasta, or whole-wheat couscous with tuna.
- Enjoy healthier fats from olive oil, seeds and nuts.
- Get kids involved by letting them create a trail mix with whole grain cereals, seeds and nuts.
- Make dinner fun with dipping. Tzatziki, baba ghanoush and hummus all make delicious, nutritious dips paired with cut, crunchy vegetables.
— Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2017 HealthDay. All rights reserved.