What else could be a perfect a way to start your day other than having a treat of banana pancakes for breakfast? The following procedure on how to make banana pancakes will enable you to make tasty pancakes quickly. You will also be utilizing well the browning bananas that you could have otherwise disposed since they cannot be cooked. But first of all let us take a look on the things that you will need to have in order to prepare the banana pancakes.
You will need the following:
1. 1 cup of brown rice flour
2. 2 tablespoons of honey
3. 2 teaspoons of baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon of salt
4. 1 egg and also 1 cup of rice or soy milk
5. 2 or 3 ripe bananas
6. A heavy skillet or griddle and 2 mixing bowls
7. A mixing spoon
8. A measuring cup (1/4 cup)
9. You will also need a serving plate, a spatula and 2 tablespoons of oil
Once you have all the above, you can proceed with the preparation of the banana pancakes as follows:
1. You will first of all mix the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt together in a large mixing bowl. After you have mixed them properly, you will need to make a well in the center.
2. Using the second mixing bowl, you will need to beat the egg, and then mix it with oil and milk in that bowl.
3. After that you will pour the mixture from the second bowl into the well of the dry mixture that you made in the first bowl. Ensure that the batter is not lumpy.
4. Next you will need to mash the bananas and then add them to the batter.
5. The next step will be to skillet or grease griddle and them warm the mixture using medium heat.
6. After that, you will need to pour about 1/4 cup batter onto griddle and then allow each side to cook for about 2 minutes, or you can as well allow it to cook till the pancakes turn golden brown.
7. Once that is done, you can now transfer the pancakes to a plate and then serve them.
How to make banana pancakes is as easy as that. It will take about 15 minutes for the pancakes to be ready, and with the quantity of items above you can prepare about 8 to 10 4-inch pancakes. So you can increase their ratio in case you want to prepare many pancakes.
The following are some tips that will help you make this recipe even better.
1. Instead of using 1 egg, you can as well substitute it with 2 egg whites.
2. You can also try adding 1/4 cup of nuts or 1/2 cup of shredded coconut to the recipe we have mentioned above to enhance the quality of the pancakes.
3. When serving, you can accompany the pancakes with peanut butter, syrup or just butter.
Well, there you have it. You do not have to waste those over-ripe bananas by throwing them away when you can make delicious pancakes from them. They will be a perfect way to kick start your day in the morning accompanied with tea, coffee or even milk.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/8512058