Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
For Chicken Masala:
- Boneless Chicken (Cleaned Perfectly ) – 200 g
- Yogurt – 2 tbsp
- Ginger Piece – 1 inch
- Garlic – 2-3
- Green Chillies – 4
- White sesame seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cashew nuts – 4-5
- Almonds – 4-5
- Salt as required
- Red chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – 3/4 tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Thinly Chopped Fresh Coriander Leaves – 2 tbsp
- Thinly Chopped Fresh Mint Leaves – 2 tbsp
For making Biryani:
- Basmati Rice – 1-1/2 cups (Old is so good since it will give you a dry and moisture free biryani)
- Thinly Chopped Onion – 1
- Sliced Onion – 1
- Thinly Chopped Green Chillies – 2
- Turmeric powder – 11/2 tbsp
- A pinch of red-orange food color ( Kesari Powder can be used as the alternative)
- Coriander Leaves ( Thinly Chopped) – 2 tbsp
- Mint Leaves (Thinly Chopped) – 2 tbsp
- Oil – 4 tbsp
- Chicken Eggs for additional taste (optional)
- Pinch of salt as required
For Garam Masala:
- Bay Leaf – 1
- Kashmiri Red Chilli – 1
- Cloves – 2
- Black Peppercorns – 2
- Green Cardamom – 1
- Black Cardamom – 1
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tbsp
- Cinnamon Bits – ½ inch
How to make Easy Chicken Biryani Recipe:
- Cut the 200g chicken in to medium-sized pieces.
- Add Sesame seeds, Cashew nuts, almonds, Green Chilles, Garlic and Ginger in the mixer grinder and grind to a smooth paste.
- Mix the medium-sized chicken pieces, yogurt and the smooth paste grinded above, turmeric, coriander powder, lemon juice and keep the chicken in the refrigerator for 2 hours. Mix very well and cover the bowl.
- Wash the 1 ½ cup of Basmati Rice and boil them with 4 cups of water. Add a little amount of salt while boiling the rice.
- With enough oil in pan, deep fry the onion until it reaches a brownish colour.
- Add whole garam masala with 2 tbsp of oil in a non-stick pan. Add thinly chopped onion and green chillies to the mixture and sauté for few seconds.
- Mix the refrigerated chicken and the masala paste and stir it with a low flame for 5-6 minutes.
- Mix the boiled basmati rice over the chicken. Add salt as required and turmeric powder.
- For additional flavoring, add chopped coriander and mint leaves and kesari powder which gives a traditional biryani color.
- Add boiled eggs to the biryani and serve hot to 4 people with mixed pickle and onion wedges.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/8502827