- 8 ounces uncooked brown rice spaghetti
- 2 ounces pancetta, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
1 Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving ½ cup of the cooking water.
2 Meanwhile, cook pancetta in a small skillet over mediumhigh heat, stirring occasionally, until browned and crisp, 5 to 6 minutes. Add garlic; cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
3 Whisk together Parmesan, eggs, salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons of the parsley in a bowl. Drizzle in hot cooking water, whisking constantly.
4 Return pasta pot to stove over low heat. Add cooked pasta, pancetta mixture and Parmesan mixture. Cook, tossing gently to combine, until sauce thickens, 1 to 2 minutes.
5 Transfer carbonara to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon parsley and serve immediately.