This No-knead bread cheese is another great bread recipe I want to share with you. Ideal crusty bread, with elastic and chewy texture of the crumb, packed with cheese flavor and a touch of garlic, it’s just an amazing way to welcome the cold season.
The smell of bread and cheese in baking bread, making it even more tempting and irresistible.
This recipe requires no kneading, which makes it very easy to prepare. It takes a lot of time, though, so you need to start to prepare the dough the day before. All you need to do is make sure to mix well all the ingredients and let it rise overnight for about 16-18 hours. A very small amount of yeast used in this case, and this leads to a very sticky dough. It is important to bake in a cast iron pan to get a wonderful crispy golden brown.
I think there is no need to say that this bread is ideal for sandwiches, soups, stews and any other dishes. Try it, it’s amazing.
A Prep time
10 minutes + Rise Time
cooking time 50 minutes
Total Time 1:00 + Rise Time
- 4 cups (500 grams) all general purpose / bread flour flour
- 1 teaspoon (5 grams) of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 g) of garlic powder
- 1 cup (100 g) cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 cups (360 ml) of water
- 3g fresh yeast (or 1/4 teaspoon active dry yeast)
- Flour for dusting
- corn flour for dusting
- Additional to the top of the cheese, if desired
- In a large bowl mix the flour with the salt, garlic powder and grated cheese.
- Dissolve yeast in fresh cup ¼ (60 mL) and add water to the flour mixture. Add the remainder of the 1 ¼ cup (300 ml) of water and stir just until combined.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Let rest for 16-18 hours at room temperature.
- On a floured surface to form a dough ball test using a scraper, the dough does sticky to the touch. Sprinkle with flour and corn flour over a clean towel, add the dough and cover. Let the dough rise for another 2 hours.
- Turn on the oven to 470F (240C) and add a 9-inch (23cm) round cast iron pot inside without cover. Leave it in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- Remove the cast-iron pan from the oven, turn the dough into the pan, add the grated cheese on top, if desired, and put the lid. Bake for 25-30 minutes at 470F (240C) with a cover to create steam.
- Uncover and bake for another 20 minutes at 440F (230C), to receive the bread crispy golden brown.
- Let it cool completely before cutting the bread.
Nutrients 1 Loaf (979 g) – Calories: 2289, Fat: 42.5g, Saturated Fat: 24.6g, carbohydrates: 385.2g, Sugar: 2.3G, fiber: 14.3 g Protein: 81.2g, Cholesterol: 119 mg , 383 calories from fat, 3050mg sodium, 725mg of potassium, 23% of vitamin a, vitamin with 0%, 90% calcium, iron 136% power rating is B +, percent daily values based on a 2,000 calorie diet