Triple Cheese & Olive Muffins
- 1 cup self raising flour
- ½ tsp bicarb soda
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1¼ cups milk
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 shallots finely chopped
- 2 tbsp finely grated Mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp finely grated Cheddar cheese
- 12 Kalamata olives – pitted & sliced.
Preheat oven to 220°C.
Lightly oil 10 holes (1/3 cup) muffin pan. Combine flour, soda, cayenne pepper & salt in bowl.
In separate bowl whisk eggs, oil, milk, shallots & olives.
Make a well in the flour and pour in the egg mixture. Stir until just combined.
Divide ½ the batter among the prepared holes
Top with combined cheeses, then remaining batter.
Bake for 20 minutes or until muffins have risen well and are firm to touch.
Pasta with Roasted Tomatoes, Olives and Herbs
- 400g Pasta (spaghetti or fettuccini)
- 80 ml herb olive oil
- 2 cups oven roasted semi dried tomatoes
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 cups olives
- ½ cup white wine
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ¼ cup finely chopped oregano
- ½ cup fetta cheese
- salt & pepper to taste.
Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente.
Heat olive oil in a heavy based pan to medium heat.
Add shallots, garlic, chilli and olives.
Cook for 5 minutes stirring frequently.
Add wine and increase heat. Cook until wine evaporates.
Drain pasta, return to pan and add tomatoes, olive mixture, herbs and cheese.
Toss gently over heat and season to taste.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 5 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 green & 1 red capsicum diced very finely
- 2 tbsp sliced ginger
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil (pref Lemon Myrtle variety if available)
- 2 tbsp corn flour.
Mix all ingredients and store in refrigerator. Ideal for a dipping sauce for prawns, vegetables and chicken pieces.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/369659