Getting started personally on the Paleo diet can be quite difficult. Getting your family started on the Paleo diet? Well, that can be even more daunting! One of the most common times of failure is breakfast time when everyone wants carb-heavy foods like bread, cereal, and bagels. You and your kids probably force yourselves to eat various egg concoctions and fruit, but it quickly gets boring.
Kids are especially left longing for those sugary cereals that are advertised so heavily to them. It is really hard to see the benefits of eating Paleo for kids which makes it a real challenge to get them on board with the Paleo lifestyle. If you and your kids are having trouble adapting to Paleo breakfasts, my gluten-free Paleo Breakfast Bread will quickly change that. I promise you it will be an immediate hit and your kids will be begging you to make it all the time!
The best part is that the recipe is really simple. You probably already have all the ingredients to make it right now.
Here is all you will need:
- 1/2 cup all-natural creamy almond butter(Option: use peanut butter instead)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
And here is how to make it:
- Mix almond butter in a large bowl until creamy using a hand blender
- Mix in eggs, honey, cinnamon, vanilla extract, salt, and baking soda
- Mix until all ingredients are nicely combined and batter thickens
- Line the bottom of an 8×8 baking dish with coconut oil(or whatever you prefer)
- Move batter into baking dish
- Bake at 325 F° / 160 C° for 15 minutes(cooking time may vary according to your oven)
- Remove from oven and let cool before serving
Total Prep and Cook Time 30 minutes
For those of you that are eating Paleo on a budget, here are some tips to reduce cost:
- Use peanut butter instead of almond butter
- While this is not 100% Paleo, you can save a ton by using imitation vanilla flavor. The amount used in this recipe is small so it is a reasonable compromise if cost is an issue.
- If you don’t have a hand blender, you can simply use an ordinary spoon to mix manually(Note that if you use this method, I strongly recommend beating the eggs in a separate bowl before adding them to the mix)
Hope you and your family thoroughly enjoy this recipe!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7269464