PB Banana quotNiceamp quot; Cream With Strawbery Sacue
- 6 medium-size ripe bananas (about 2 1/4 lb.)
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh strawberries, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown rice syrup
- 3/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup canned coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons creamy natural peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped roasted peanuts
1. Peel bananas and cut into 3/4-inch-thick slices. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet; freeze until solid, 2 to 3 hours.
2. Finely chop 1/2 pound of the strawberries. Combine chopped strawberries, sugar, syrup, and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until strawberries become syrupy, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes. Coarsely chop remaining 1 pound strawberries. Stir into cooked strawberry mixture.
3. Process coconut milk, frozen bananas, peanut butter, vanilla, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt in a high-powered blender or food processor on high until very creamy, stopping to scrape down sides and press bananas into blade as necessary. Serve banana mixture immediately for a soft-serve consistency, or store in an airtight container in freezer for a firmer texture. Serve with strawberry sauce and chopped peanuts.
2 hours, 15 minutes
|Calories per serving:||196|
|Fat per serving:||7g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0mg|
|Fiber per serving:||4g|
|Protein per serving:||4g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||32g|
|Sodium per serving:||129mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Calcium per serving:||22mg|
Good to Know
Feel free to swap almond butter, coconut butter, or even tahini for the peanut butter to change up the flavor.
This Recipe Is