This fall, which means that the time has come for all the pumpkin! This sweet and salty dish easier to do than you might expect – and it tastes even better the next day. Leftovers are the best! So what are some shells and reach the filling!
The recipe consists of four parts: the shell, tofu, pumpkin filling and sage cream.
Recipe: Pumpkin Stuffed Shells with sage cream
- Prep Time: 30m
- Cooking time: 15 m
- Ready in: 50 m
- One bag of shells (you’ll be using about half)
For Tofu Ricotta
- 1 package extra firm tofu (14oz), extruded
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon warm water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pepper to taste
For the pumpkin filling
- 1 can pumpkin
- 1 / 4- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/16 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon of maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
For the cream Sage
- 1 cup cashews, soaked and drained (soaked for at least 2 hours)
- 3/4 cup of cow’s milk is not
- 1 tablespoon of miso paste
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 heaping cup of fresh sage, coarsely chopped
1. Cook the shells until tender, drain and set aside
2. Tofu Ricotta, your tofu needs to be pressed, that is, you get as much water as you can. This can be done by gently squeezing tofu, and then wrapping it in paper towels or dish towels with the book on top for 30 minutes. Or just squeeze out what you can and move on!
3. Add all the Tofu Ricotta ingredients together to combine and set aside. This includes tofu – crumbled with your hands – corn starch and water, salt, basil, oregano, nutritional yeast, lemon juice and pepper.
4. For the filling of pumpkin, combine their ingredients and set aside. This includes pumpkin, salt, nutmeg, cloves, maple syrup and smoked paprika.
5. Fill the shells with ricotta and pumpkin tofu filling, and then put them in the oven for 15 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. While it cooks, make your sage cream.
6. sage cashew cream, mix all the ingredients until smooth and are not put aside. This includes the impregnated and dried cashew nuts, milk, miso, garlic and fresh sage nutrition.
7. Once the shells are made, sprinkle with sage cream and cashew …
8. Chow down!