- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley stalks
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large sprigs of thyme
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 7 ounces of whole grains to unhook a small shell pasta
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen peas English
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots (about 1 shallot)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces of Bibb lettuce, torn into large pieces (1 head lettuce)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves flat sheet
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1 1/2 ounces of Manchego cheese, grated (about 1/3 cup)
1. Combine parsley stalks, butter and thyme sprigs in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 3 -x minutes. Remove from heat; let stand 10 minutes. Pour the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a large bowl, pressing to release the oil. Discard the solids. Whisk in the vinegar.
2. Cook pasta reportedly package directions, omitting salt and fat. Add the peas in the last 2 -x minutes of cooking; strain. Let stand for 5 minutes.
3. Add the pasta mixture, shallot, salt and pepper to the oil mixture; toss to coat. Add lettuce, chopped parsley and green onions; stir gently to combine. Sprinkle with cheese.
The nutritional value
|Calories per serving:||463|
|Fat per serving:||26g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||6g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||11mg|
|Fiber per serving:||8g|
|Protein per serving:||14g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||48g|
|Sodium per serving:||612mg|
|iron per serving:||4mg|
|Calcium per serving:||203mg|
Good to know
Bibb is a type of butterhead lettuce, tender, sweet leaves. If you can not find it, substitute Boston, another kind of butterhead.