Tomato-based gazpachos are great, but they’re certainly not the beginning and end for this cold summer soup. Take advantage of seasonal peaches to make this tasty peach gazpacho recipe!
Gazpacho and other cold soup recipes are perfect for summer. They’re hydrating, refreshing, and there’s no standing over a hot stove to make them. This Peach-Basil Gazpacho takes advantage of seasonal fruits, veggies, and herbs for a satisfying bowlful of flavor!
Fruit gazpacho is a tasty appetizer, but you can absolutely make this into a full meal by adding some crusty bread to go alongside your bowl of peach gazpacho.
If you want to make this recipe oil-free, simply omit the optional olive oil. The oil adds a little bit of richness to the soup, but you can make that up with some avocado toast on the side instead.
This recipe is so simple to make! Just chop up your fruits and vegetables, toss them together in a large bowl, puree half of the mixture, and stir. If you have an immersion blender, it’s even easier! Use the stick blender to get a chunky mix, and there’s no blender to clean.
Whichever way you decide to prepare your Peach-Basil Gazpacho, make sure that you chill right until serving. It’s best served nice and cold. You can make it up to a day in advance. In fact, I think it gets better overnight!
Yields 6 servings
This peach gazpacho recipe stars seasonal fruits and veggies, plus plenty of fresh basil.
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 2 cups chopped peaches
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber (1 small cucumber should be more than enough.)
- 1/4 cup minced shallot
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (optional, but recommended)
- Immersion Blender Directions: Combine all of your ingredients, except the salt and pepper, in a large bowl. Use your immersion blender to puree the mix to a chunky consistency. You don’t need it to be totally smooth – keep going until you reach your ideal texture. Chill for at least 20 minutes before serving.
- Regular Blender Directions: Combine all of your ingredients, except the salt and pepper, in a large bowl. Scoop half of the mixture into your blender or food processor, and puree. Mix back into the bowl, and chill for at least 20 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with extra peaches, cucumber, and basil, if you like!
Related at Care2:
All images by Becky Striepe.