Watch the video for this recipe:
Skillet Chicken Fajitas are a great colorful dish perfect for lunch or dinner. Thin slices of marinated chicken with colorful peppers and thin onion strips, cooked quickly in a hot skillet and served immediately with warm tortillas and various toppings are simply a crowd pleasure and a perfect dish whenever your friends come round.
For chicken fajitas I’ve used homemade tortillas which I totally recommend as they are simply delicious and healthier than store-bought ones. To save time tortillas can easily be made in advance.
Use your favorite toppings to serve along, either cheese, guacamole or simply avocado slices, salsa, pico de gallo and lime juice. Enjoy!
- Makes about 4-5 servings
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into strips
- 1 onion, cut into thin slices
- 1/2 tsp (1g) chilli powder
- 1 tbsp (14g) oil
- 15 mini flour tortillas (6 inch – 15 cm)
- Chicken Marinade
- 1 1/4 pounds (550g) skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into thin slices
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro/parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp (28g) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15ml) soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp (1g) chili powder
- 1/2 tsp (1g) smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp (2g) salt
- 1/2 tsp (1g) garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp (1g) ground cumin
- 1 tbsp (15ml) lime juice
- Topping ideas
- grated cheese
- guacamole or avocado slices
- sour cream
In a large bowl add all the chicken marinade ingredients and mix to combine. Add chicken slices and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate to marinate for 30 minutes up to 1 hr.
Heat a large 12 inch (30cm) cast iron skillet over medium high heat and add 1 tbsp oil.
Add onion and peppers, chilli powder and salt and saute for 6-7 minutes until softened , stirring occasionally. Remove from pan and set aside.
Add marinated chicken into the hot skillet and cook until no longer pink and cooked through, for about 4 minutes.
Add sauteed onions and peppers into the skillet and cook 1 minute more to heat through.
Serve immediately with warm tortillas, your favorite toppings and enjoy.
For the tortillas I’ve used homemade 6 inch (15 cm) flour tortillas, video recipe here.