Lean protein is your diet is essential to weight loss and weight maintenance. Fish is an excellent source of lean protein as it is lower in fat that red meats.
Long term weight loss isn’t about hunger, misery and crash dieting. It’s a whole new way of learning to prepare nutritious food that your body needs and enjoys.
Instead of high calorie, fatty sources – use spices to provide flavorsome, exciting meals your whole family will enjoy. “Whole Fish In Ginger” is another recipe in a range of hunger fighting, low fat recipes to assist you keep your weight under control. This irresistible, no-hassle meal will help you reach your weight-loss goals – while making mealtime a real treat.
Variety is an essential element of any successful health program. If you get bored with foods, you’re much more likely to abandon your program altogether. Experiment with spices to find exciting alternatives, and each main meal should be accompanied by an exciting range of colorful vegetables.
Whole Fish in Ginger (serves four)
1kg (2lb) fish fillets (approx)
2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger
1 clove garlic, crushed
¼ cup (60ml) soy sauce
juice of 1 lemon
¾ cup (190ml) dry white wine
4 spring onions, sliced lengthways
lemon slices for garnish
1. If there is skin on your fish, score the skin with a knife.
2. Place fish on its side in a flat dish.
3. Combine remaining ingredients to make a marinade, and pour over the fish.
4. Bake the fish, uncovered, in a 180C (350F) oven for 20 minutes or until fish flakes when tested with a fork. Baste frequently with the marinade during cooking. Alternatively, cover with plastic film and microwave on high for approximately 10 minutes.
5. Serve the fish whole with cooking juices and garnished with lemon slices. Accompany with boiled rice and a green salad.
Nutrition per serve
119 calories, carbohydrate 1g, protein 22g, fat 3g.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Kim_Beardsmore